Blog Archive

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Adventures in Knitting

Okay so, a little while ago I took up knitting.  I love knitted goods so much that I thought it would be really cool to learn how to make my own.  This being said......it is not the easiest task that I have ever taken on. 

I have officially mastered the "knit stitch" and have become pretty efficient in making scarves.  But because I only know the one stitch they all tend to look the same.  It's time for some diversity.  So with the help of YouTube I am venturing into learning the "Purl" in combination with the "Knit" and I must say my fingers are not exactly cooperating. However I do see some progress, and I think with a little more practice my scarves will eventually have a little extra pizazz to them. 


  My latest creation.....just finished this one yesterday. I love it!!



I am so partial to this one, I decided to model it, haha


 This scarf I made for my nephews 3rd birthday last November....so cute and so tiny.
 
 


This is a scarf I made for my Mother last Christmas....the colors in the yarn were beautiful.....and apparently someone else thought so too, because on one of  my mothers shopping trips someone decided to swipe it from her. 
But as cute as all of these are.....notice the simularites in the stitch?
 
 
 
 
Here's my attempt at something new......baby steps.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment