Blog Archive

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Mmmmm!!!

It's been awhile...



I will admit, It's been awhile since my last post.  With the change of the seasons and the holidays my plate has been very full lately.  However, I have managed to complete a few new projects that I recently vowed to try. 

The first thing I was determined to learn was a new stitch that I could try with my knitting projects.  I am definitely a "rookie" in the world of knitting.  Until recently the only thing I could knit was scarves with one stitch, the "knit".   But that has now changed!!  I just finished a scarf using two stitches; the
"knit/purl" stitch.  And I even managed to give the scarf a bit of a pattern.  While I am still in the infancy stage of this creative world, I am slowly learning to put new techniques into practice.  I determined to teach myself a few more stitches and the next thing I would like to master is possibly creating something other than a scarf....a hat maybe??



Today I made my very first pork tenderloin from a recipe I found on Pinterest.  I am not exactly known for my cooking abilities.  And I was a little intimidated to give this a go.  But I decided to step up and whether worked out or not, I could at least say that I put forth the effort to try.  I kept a close eye on it the entire time it was in the crock pot, basically just waiting for something to go wrong. When the time expired and it was officially done, I took my first bite.  And guess what!!??  Not only was it edible, it was delicious!!  I am going to admit that I did a little happy dance and almost wept tears of joy when I discovered I had prepared my loin to perfection. What can I say, it doesn't take a whole lot to get me excited. 


Like I said above, I found this recipe on Pinterest.  It is a Brown Sugar and Balsamic glazed tenderloin.  You can find the instructions here:  http://www.candcmarriagefactory.com/2011/01/brown-sugar-and-balsamic-glazed-pork.html




No comments:

Post a Comment